Meet Pastor Ibk
Mrs. Ibukun Abimbola Odusote hails from Ikenne-Remo in Ogun State of Nigeria. She is married to Engr. Adeolu Odusote. Her Marriage to Pastor (Engr) Adeolu Odusote is blessed with a daughter, Ayanfeoluwa Odusote.
Started out early from St. Teresa’s College, Oke-Ado Ibadan, Oyo State of Nigeria where she obtained her School Certificate Division 1and proceeded to The University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria where she obtained a B.Sc degree in Computer Science/Economics. She later obtained an M.Sc degree in Computer Science from the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria. She also obtained an M.B.A. from the same university.
She has taken part in various training programs both in Nigeria and abroad among which are:
- Training or IT Trainers (India)
- Internet Society Training on Dial up Technology (Hawaii)
- British Council Training for OVID implementation and Staff Training (UK, March & July 1996) [OVID – Overseas Information Database]
She has functioned in various capacities
Fellow, Nigeria Computer Society(NCS)
Member, Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria(CPN)
Member, Internet Society
Member, IFIP WG9.4 on Social implications of IT to development in developing countries
Member, Nigerian Institute of Management(NIM)
A seasoned minister of the gospel, an Associate Pastor of Foursquare Gospel Church Asokoro
National Coordinator, DIGITEST (Digital Peers International)
Pioneer, .ngcctld domain administrator
This IT Icon is well known as a
- Positive Change Agent
- Highly motivated with excellent pioneering capabilities in IT Projects and General Management of Resources
- Very strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Innovative capacity for strategic Management
- Re-engineering and effective management of public resources taking strategic and creative decisions
- Impacting IT knowledge and usage with ease
- Good management skills with sound IT Background (Academic and Industry Experience)
- Special capability for development of children and youth
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Stable Character and commitment to duty
- Experienced manager of human resources, highly skilled in motivating staff especially in projects relating to computer infrastructure, software development, networks and training
Involvement in Digital Peers International
National Coordinator and Founder of Digital Peers International organizers of DIGITEST an annual ICT camp for children between the ages 8-18.
She has been actively involved in DIGITEST since inception in the year 2000 and participated in training, served as the major brain and organizer behind every year’s event.Development of ICT capabilities in children and youths. Empowering children and youth through Information and Communications Technology
Co-ordination of an annual creative IT-based camp/competition for children on creating content on the Internet while addressing national topical issues. (DIGITEST2000 till date) Please visit www.digitalpeers.org for detail
Her Work Experience has been centered on Information Technology in the educational and Professional Sector till late 2009 she was the Director Information Technology Department, Federal Ministry of Information and Communications and promoted to the position of a Permanent Secretary
As a Permanent Secretary she has served in various ministries including
- Ecological Fund Office.
- Federal Ministry of Power.
- Federal Ministry of Environment
- Federal Ministry of Culture, Tourism And National Orientation
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Secretary General of the Federation, Political Affairs
- and Currently Federal Ministry of Labour